Welcome to the visa homepage of the Consular Section at U.S. Embassy Djibouti!
Our mission is to provide visa services to immigrant and non-immigrant visa applicants, whether Djiboutian citizens or third country nationals.
Please find our customer service statement here.
Non-immigrant visas are required for most travelers who wish to visit, work or study in the United States for a temporary period. The class of visa required will depend on the purpose of your travel.
Immigrant visas are required for anyone who wishes to reside permanently in the United States, regardless of whether or not that person plans to seek employment in the United States.
More information on U.S. visas is available on the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs public website including A-Z information on visas.
Non Immigrant Visas
Appointments - Mondays 7:30 - 10:30
Appointments - Sundays to Thursdays 7:30 - 11:30
Sundays to Thursdays: 15:00 - 16:30
Visa passback for both immigrant and non-immigrant services
Document drop off for immigrant visas (Consular Entrance)
Sundays to Thursdays (except U.S. and local holidays) 07:30 - 16:30
Please note: You can only drop off documents if you have a letter from a consular officer requesting the documents. Please put all documents in an envelope with the following information written on the envelope:
- Type of case: IV (Immigrant Visa)
- APPLICANT NAME and
- CASE NUMBER (for IV cases)
If you bring documents that have not been specifically requested by the consular officer, or if you leave documents at any other time other than the time listed above, they will be destroyed.
Access to the Embassy
- Only immediate family members may accompany you to your interview; only they will be allowed access to the Embassy. Minor children must be accompanied by a guardian. Guardians must be designated in writing; designations must be notarized.
- Please leave phone or electronics devices in the car or at home as they are not allowed in the embassy.
- Do not bring large bags, suitcases or packages to the interview appointment as they slow the screening process.
U.S. Embassy Djibouti
P.O. Box 185
Lot Number 350-B
Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti
Important Consular Links
- Report a Lost or Stolen Passport or Visa
- Visa Fraud Warning
- U.S. Border Safety and Security Information: Biometrics
Related U.S. Government Websites:
YEMEN RESPONSE INFORMATION
Our team's top priority is to assist U.S. citizens and their families arriving in Djibouti from Yemen. This website contains information for staying temporarily in Djibouti and processing new and existing petitions at Embassy Djibouti.