Welcome to the visa homepage of the Consular Section at U.S. Embassy Djibouti!
Our mission is to provide visa services to immigrant and non-immigrant visa applicants, whether Djiboutian citizens or third country national.
Please find our customer service statement here.
Non-immigrant visas are required for most travelers who wish to visit, work or study in the U.S. for a temporary period. The class of visa required will depend on the purpose of your travel.
Anyone who wishes to reside permanently in the U.S. must apply for an immigrant visa, regardless whether that person plans to seek employment in the United States.
More information on U.S. visas is available on the Bureau of Consular Affairs Public Website including A-Z information on visas.
|Mailing address||Public Hours|
U.S. Embassy Djibouti
Lot Number 350-B
Djibouti, Republic of Djibouti
Sundays: Immigrant Visa Walk-in Hours
Mondays: Non Immigrant Visa Appointments
Thursdays: Immigrant Visa Appointments and Visa Pick-up
|Email inquiries||Phone and Fax|
Phone: (+253) 21-453-000
Fax: (+253) 21-453-340
Access to the Embassy
- Only immediate family members may accompany you to your interview; only they will be allowed access to the Embassy. Minor children must be accompanied by a guardian. Guardians must be designated in writing; designations must be notarized.
- Please leave phone or electronics devices in the car or at home as they are not allowed in the embassy.
- Do not bring large bags, suitcases or packages to the interview appointment as they slow the screening process.
Important Consular Links
- Report a Lost or Stolen Passport or Visa
- Visa Fraud Warning
- U.S. Border Safety and Security Information: Biometrics
Related U.S. Government Websites: